Friday, November 21, 2008

Lionel Richie isn't the only one who gets me 'Dancing' on the ceiling...

What? What's that? You missed me? Don't worry... I have been around. I have been in the field... gathering news and info to further entice you readers into taking time to actually care about what I think. Thanks... I missed you too.

So... understandably this week has been crazy busy but there was a highlight that was too wonderful not to mention. I went to the Elisa concert I have been waiting for and I was definitely not disappointed. I am sure there are a lot of you... actually probably all of you (except Em... my concert pal) who are wondering "Who is this so called Elisa? Why does she only have one name? How can she be so wonderful if I have never heard of her? Isn't an ELISA an Enzyme-Linked ImmunoSorbent Assay? (Wiki is my friend)?" Calm down, clam down... lets keep this civil everyone... I am here to answer your questions.

Elisa is nothing less than amazing! She is a pretty famous Italian singer (she sang for the Pope! What more could you want people!) who is crossing over into America and is on her first tour here. I actually first heard her music on the 3rd seasons of So You Think You Can Dance (I can't believe I am mentioning that show again... that is the second time... hmmmm... you would think I like it or something...). Lacey and Kameron did a Mia Michaels contemporary routine to her AMAZING song 'Dancing' that was just... well... I will let you see for yourself...




I will give you a moment to gather yourselves......

because it was amazing right?!? So I pretty much fell in love with the song but didn't hear anything more from her for a year. Then this season on SYTYCD, Courtney did a solo to her song 'Rock Your Soul' and I knew I had to get the CD. It definitely rocked and I was hooked. I sprinkled her name to some close friends and got a few on the train but I don't like to overplay the artist so I kept it low key.

Then one fateful day I was checking the SD concert calendar (my usual Friday night pastime, I LOVE concerts) and I saw that she was coming here. And not only here but to the Belly Up! My FAVORITE venue in the city. Um yea, it is ok for you to freak out a little bit here in the story because I sure was.... geeeeeeeeekkkkkk'd! So I bought tickets and FF to Monday night when I got to see the show.....

She was great. And her opening artist was great. I mean, the sound the sites the drinks (wait... that cosmo... yea, not so much... choked that down for $8, hah!) And man, the Italians were definitely out to support and it was crazy to hear them singing and chanting at her in the language. I felt a part of the family... an interesting... and amazing family. Oh, but let me tell you my very favorite part. The base player. Ok, not only did he look exactly like Chris Farley... but he was exactly like his character in Tommy Boy! Oh man! It was hard to watch but you couldn't pull your eyes away! He was definitely rocking out!

So yea... she played all of my favorite songs and more. She did a cover of Janis Joplin's 'Mercedes Benz' over a recording of her voice in like 4 part harmony and another of Gary Jules 'Mad World' (for all you geeks out there its from 'Donnie Darko' and more recently the trailer for the video game 'Gears of War'). So FANTASTICO! bellissimo! and all that!

I would say 100% check her out, it will be worth your while, or weight in gold, or two birds in the hand.... oh.... nevermind. Just listen!


Concert Withdrawl

noun. After a great concert that you've been looking forward to, you might experience concert withdrawl. It can come as soon as a couple hours after the concert, and can last for days or weeks.

D experienced concert withdrawl after the Elisa concert Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment